Friday, January 23, 2015

Bow Front Chest in a Weathered Finish

This chest had been very well loved in the past.  It needed some glue and screws and a little wood filler here and there.  Somewhere along the way someone had taken the veneer off the top and applied a very bad stain job to the wood underneath.  I striped the top, but couldn't sand out all the glue marks.  So I used Java Gel to cover it and sanded down to the lighter color wood in some places for a rustic look to match the rest of the chest.  It had some gouges and dings that I didn't fill in because I liked that it fit in with the weathered look.  

I painted it in equal parts Graphite, Coco, and Paris Grey then gave it a wash with straight Coco, distressed, and sealed with clear wax.  This piece would look great in a foyer, rustic bedroom or nursery, dining room... anywhere really.  I love the size and shape of it because it makes it so versatile!

$325
34"H x 21 1/2"D x 42"W





No comments:

Post a Comment