Friday, January 23, 2015

Maple Hutch

I've always heard it's hard to stain maple dark, but Java Gel does a great job!  I sanded the top down to raw wood and used one coat of Java Gel on it so the grain would still show through.    I then painted the buffet and hutch in a half and half mix of Annie Sloan's French Linen and Graphite.  Then I gave it a wash of a Graphite, Coco, and Paris Grey mix.  It's not distressed a lot, but I like that orange look of maple coming through a dark paint color.  I used Pure White on the bead board back of the hutch.  I also took the top trim piece off because in my opinion it helped to modernized it.

This piece would work well in a nursery, living room for extra storage, or of course in a dining room.  :)

$425
49 3/4"W x 19"D x 33" H without hutch and 69" H with hutch










 









No comments:

Post a Comment