Sunday, July 20, 2014

Singer Sewing Machine Sofa Table

When I saw this image (if anyone knows the original source let me know) floating around I knew I had to make one!  I found an old sewing machine for $30 and kept the legs and drawers.  Everything else was in really bad shape and I didn't have any use for it.  I just cleaned up the legs with soap and water and sprayed them with a satin clear coat so they wouldn't rust anymore.  I bought 2 2x10s for the top shelf, 1 2x16 for the bottom shelf, and 1 2x2 for the ends of the top shelf.  My husband joined the two boards for the top shelf and I sanded them, beat them up some, stained with Minwax special walnut, and used Annie Sloan's clear wax to seal everything.  We found some rusty lag bolts for connecting the 2x2s to the top boards and the bottom shelf to the legs.  I applied spanish copper rub n buff on the galvanized carriage bolts that we used to connect the top boards to the legs.

Find me on FB here.

Lots of pictures coming up:
















6 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness...this is fabulous! Love, love, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! My fiance and I are currently in the process of making this! How did your husband join the top two 2x10's? Also, what size lag bolts did you end up using? Are there more than 4 lag bolts per side (8 as a total)? Thank so much!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kacey! I'm so sorry, I'm just now seeing this. I hardly ever do anything on here and am never notified of any comments. :( He joined the two top boards with a pocket hole jig. 8 total lag bolts. He thinks they were probably 2.5-3" long. They are just holding that side piece of wood on and I liked the old rustiness of them. Hope I'm not to late! If you have any other questions you can email me at sblair4304@gmail.com
      Thanks! Stephanie

      Delete
    2. This is exactly what I’m looking for to put a larger TV on and ditch the outdated media cabinet. The shelf below can hold components! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. It was extremely all around composed and straightforward. Not at all like different online journals I have perused which are truly not that good.Thanks a lot sewing machine brands

    ReplyDelete
  4. A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work เว็บพนันออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete