Wednesday, November 14, 2012

French End Table

SOLD

I used Miss Mustard Seed's Milk Paint in Shutter Gray on this end table.  I saw this piece at Scout & Nimble and fell in love with the color.  I first painted it in Annie Sloan's Paris Grey because it was one of those super shiny cherry finishes and I didn't want it to all flake off.  It worked.  It didn't flake at all so I just lightly sanded to distress.  I also changed out the back with a piece of bead board.  I forgot to take a before picture. :( 




I also used Shutter Gray on a little dark wood round side table with no base coat and it really, really chipped, but I love it!  That one will be coming up next.


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!
    I just orderd Tricycle and shutter gray and am getting them this Friday,I'm so excited:)
    Your side table looks so pretty and I'm glad I ordered shutter gray.
    Also, me too, I use chalk paint(mine's homemade)first instead of sanding when I work on a shiny finish,it must be like a trade secret,lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sayuri! I have a sample of Tricycle, but haven't found anything to use it on yet. I think Shutter Gray is my favorite though!

      Delete